Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vivek Ganesan <vi...@vivekganesan.com> on 2013/07/08 12:25:24 UTC

Willing to work on Issue - HDFS-4901 - Where to start?

Hi,

I am willing to work on issue
HDFS-4901<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4901>
.

I am new to hadoop development community. I would like to contribute.

Can anyone give me URLs/docs which deal with hadoop (in specific hdfs)
contribution process?

Thank you.

Regards,
Vivek Ganesan (vivganes)

Re: Willing to work on Issue - HDFS-4901 - Where to start?

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Vivek,

I have added you as HDFS contributor and assigned the jira to you.

Regards,
Suresh

Posted by Vivek Ganesan <vi...@vivekganesan.com>.
Thanks!!

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
In the past, when posting a patch, one could grant the license to ASF. That
is choice is no longer available post jira upgrade. Since then, the only
option I see is signing ICLA, to grant license for the contributed work.
However, after doing a bit of research, I see that ICLA is not required.
See the discussion  -
http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/No-more-license-check-box-after-Friday-td69039.html#a69040

So please ignore my earlier comment about ICLA as a MUST requirement.

Posted by Maisnam Ns <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Vivek,