Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Henk Schipper <hs...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/05/26 20:09:34 UTC

Need help badly with soap apache!!!!!

Hi All,

We are implementing apache soap fase 2 now.
Tomcat 3.3.1
Apache Soap 2.3.1
And the jars:
	- Activation.jar
	- bsf.jar
	- jaxp.jar
	- js.jar
	- mail.jar
	- mailapi.jar
	- parser.jar
	- xerces.jar
=============
The simpel soap fase 1 runs very well. No problems at all. Only 1 namespace
used and all ok. Now we have a challange which i cannot figure out to get it
work under apache soap
=============
I got 2 parts in a xml envelope (header and body):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAPSDK1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:SOAPSDK2="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:SOAPSDK3="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
	<SOAP-ENV:Header>
		<hdr:xMLHeader xmlns:hdr="http://www.mynet.nl/fase2/Header-v1">
			<RouteInfo>
				<Source>
					<Company>C1</Company>
					<Department>D2</Department>
					<Application>My application</Application>
				</Source>
				<Destination>
					<Company>C2</Company>
					<Department>D0</Department>
				</Destination>
				<Via>
					<Company>C5</Company>
					<Department>D3</Department>
					<Application>My application service</Application>
				</Via>
			</RouteInfo>
			<MsgId>
				<MsgRefNr>200301080008</MsgRefNr>
				<MsgType>
					<Name>New project fase2</Name>
					<Version>01</Version>
					<Vsub>02</Vsub>
					<ComType>MyType</ComType>
					<ComElement>Request</ComElement>
				</MsgType>
				<TheTime>2003-01-01T12:08:00</TheTime>
				<Test>1</Test>
			</MsgId>
			<Transaction>
				<TransactionNr>00000300-0000-0000-C000-000000000046</TransactionNr>
				<Order>1</Order>
				<LastMsg>1</LastMsg>
			</Transaction>
		</hdr:xMLHeader>
	</SOAP-ENV:Header>
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
		<dtl:xMLBody xmlns:dtl="http://www.mynet.nl/fase2/Body/newrequest-v2" >
			<Request>
				<FldR1>123</FldR1>
				<FldR1>2</FldR1>
				<FldR1>01</FldR1>
			</Request>
		</dtl:xMLBody>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
=============
I got a deploymentdesciption:
<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="http://www.mynet.nl/fase2/Body/newrequest-v2">
	<isd:provider type="java" scope="Request" methods="ProcessRequest">
		<isd:java class="newrequestv2" static="false"/>
	</isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>
	<isd:mappings>
		<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:dtl="http://www.mynet.nl/fase2/Body/newrequest-v2" qname="dtl:Request"
xml2JavaClassName="MyDoNothingDeserializer" javaType="java.lang.String"/>
		<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:a="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" qname="a:string"
xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.StringDeserializer"
javaType="java.lang.String" java2XMLClassName="MyDoNothingSerializer"/>
	</isd:mappings>
</isd:service>
=============
And the result:
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultc
ode>
<faultstring>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/fase2/newrequest-v2</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
=============

It will not find the javaclass 'newrequestv2'. I tried all kinds of
things... nothing.
PLEASE help....What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Henk.

Re: passing parameters to your message service

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
In versions up to 2.3.1, there's not much you can do in the ctor, but
in the method invocation you can get from the request context the
various things that are jammed into the property bag.  These are
(from Constants.java)

  // Well-defined names for the 'bag' in SOAPContext
  public static String BAG_HTTPSERVLET = "HttpServlet" ;
  public static String BAG_HTTPSESSION = "HttpSession" ;
  public static String BAG_HTTPSERVLETREQUEST = "HttpServletRequest"
;
  public static String BAG_HTTPSERVLETRESPONSE =
"HttpServletResponse" ;
  public static String BAG_DEPLOYMENTDESCRIPTOR =
"DeploymentDescriptor" ;

So, you can access options from the deployment descriptor, or config
parameters for your servlet (the msgrouterservlet) or webapp.

The current code base allows your service to implement the
ConfigurableService interface.  After instantiating a service
instance, the configure method of this interface is called with
webapp, servlet and deployment descriptor params.

====

====

====

====