Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org> on 2018/12/25 12:41:56 UTC

Fwd: Cron ~/svn/trunk/build/mkupdates/run_nightly | /usr/bin/tee /var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/mkupdates/mkupdates.txt

Rules runs still failing lint...  snippet below....

ERROR: LINT FAILED, suppressing output: rules/72_active.cf

 ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::FreeMail due to tflags nopublish
(tflags nopublish)
make: *** [build_rules] Error 2
+ exit 2
Makefile:1790: recipe for target 'build_rules' failed

Merry xmas if you celebrate, KAM

Re: Cron ~/svn/trunk/build/mkupdates/run_nightly | /usr/bin/tee /var/www/automc.spamassassin.org/mkupdates/mkupdates.txt

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
On 12/27/2018 7:17 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
> On 25 Dec 2018, at 7:41, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>
>> Rules runs still failing lint...  snippet below....
>>
>> ERROR: LINT FAILED, suppressing output: rules/72_active.cf
>
> I'm 99% sure that I've resolved this.
>
> I looked around on sa-vm1 and found that ~automc/svn/trunk/rulesrc had
> not been updated since 2018-12-19 08:31 UTC, i.e. the first nightly
> run with the errant 'replace_tag' line outside of an ifplugin block.
> That failure triggered a bug in the run_nightly script: apparently if
> the 'make' fails, the code that updates ~automc/svn/trunk/rulesrc from
> svn never runs, making the problem permanent until fixed manually on
> svn. This issue gets masked by the fact that different pieces of the
> masscheck/ruleqa complex keep copies of the rulesrc tree in 7
> different places for various purposes, each of a different age.

Good find!

--
Kevin A. McGrail
VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org>.
On 25 Dec 2018, at 7:41, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Rules runs still failing lint...  snippet below....
>
> ERROR: LINT FAILED, suppressing output: rules/72_active.cf
>
>  ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::FreeMail due to tflags nopublish
> (tflags nopublish)
> make: *** [build_rules] Error 2
> + exit 2
> Makefile:1790: recipe for target 'build_rules' failed

This failure differs from last week's in that:

1. There is still in fact a non-empty lint-clearing 72_active.cf file
being generated and distributed

2. I cannot reproduce this error on a clean checkout.

I think this is some sort of 'phantom rule' left over from before I
fixed the problematic replace_tag last week. mkrules is still
complaining about it, even though in my sandbox it has been fixed.

Will examine later.

--
Bill Cole

Posted by Bill Cole <bi...@apache.org>.