Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2013/09/12 17:58:56 UTC

Mentioning contributions to Apache projects on university homepage

Hello,

I have recently become a committer on the Apache UIMA project, working on the Apache uimaFIT sub-project. This work is being supported by my employer, which is the university group - the UKP Lab - I'm working with. My contributions to uimaFIT are part of a general move of making our software open source and contributing to community projects. Would there be any objections against advertising this fact on our groups homepage? In particular, we have a "software" section where we would consider mentioning something like

"""
Current (and past) members of our group have contributed to the following community projects:
- Apache UIMA™
- Apache uimaFIT™
- jweb1t
- …
""" (listing several Apache and non-Apache projects).

Is this a valid approach? Or should understatement be preserved and such "advertisements" not be made?

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: Mentioning contributions to Apache projects on university homepage

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Thank you for your feedback, Shane. We also include links to the projects.

And thanks for the link!

-- Richard

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.