Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Hashagen <sh...@aperio.com> on 2005/11/30 23:09:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create Apache2 service

Hello,

I'm attempting to run the Apache 2 MSI installer in silent (or passive)
mode.  I'd like it to automatically install as a service listening on
port 80.  The installation seems to work fine, except it doesn't create
the Apache2 service.

Here's the command I'm using:

msiexec /i apache_2.0.54-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi /passive
SERVERADMIN=test@test.com SERVERNAME=localhost SERVERDOMAIN=localhost
SERVERPORT=80

Can anyone tell me how to do this, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks,

Steven Hashagen

RE: [users@httpd] Silent install for Apache on windows doesn't create Apache2 service

Posted by Steven Hashagen <sh...@aperio.com>.