Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Nathan Smith <na...@labpro2000.com> on 2004/08/16 05:05:13 UTC

Blank or Null Primary Key fields.

Hi all,

We have just upgraded our system from OJB 1.0RC4 to OJB 1.0 and have
found OJB no longer wants to UPDATE records for modified objects that
previously used to work.

We use a database system called Progress, which allows NULL or BLANK
values for PK fields to be inserted into the database. We have a couple
of Database tables that make use of this.

I know exactly in the OJB code where the check takes place to see
whether an update or insert needs to take place.

What I was wondering, was why this was added when it was working
perfectly fine just the way it was previously?

Also, is there a way we can easily get around this without changing our
DB schema or data?

Cheers.

Nathan Smith

Software Developer
LabPro 2000 Limited
Phone: +64 4 586 6840
Facsimile: +64 4 586 6841
 <ma...@labpro2000.com> nathan@labpro2000.com
 <http://www.labpro2000.com/> www.labpro2000.com

Level 6, Riverside Tower on Daly, 15 Daly Street
Lower Hutt, New Zealand