Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2004/12/01 07:11:21 UTC

Re: test sources improperly depend on example sources

Hi Ceki,

Did you miss this or are you ignoring it?  I made my case below.  I was
hoping for a yes or no.  I don't want to mess with the Joran stuff without
getting your ok first.

Jake

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 09:25 AM 12/1/2004 +0100, you wrote:

 >Sorry about that.
 >
 >It is really a peripheral. You could just copy NOPAction to tests/. I don't
 >mind either way.

I missed this reply somehow.  Anyway, I just checked in my changes.  I made
the change I proposed rather than moving NOPAction to the test sources
since then there would be a dependency in the example sources on the test
sources which isn't much, if at all, better.  These should be distinct with
the only sources either depends on being the main sources.

Jake

Posted by Andy McBride <an...@pcmsgroup.com>.
Hi,

I have created a new thread: "Unit test dependencies"
to discuss this and other dependencies within the unit
tests.

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:25:16 +0100
  Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> wrote:

>Sorry about that.
>
>It is really a peripheral. You could just copy NOPAction
>to tests/. I don't mind either way.
>
>At 07:11 AM 12/1/2004, you wrote:
>>Hi Ceki,
>>
>>Did you miss this or are you ignoring it?  I made my case
>>below.  I was hoping for a yes or no.  I don't want to
>>mess with the Joran stuff without getting your ok first.
>>
>>Jake
>>
>>At 12:11 AM 11/30/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>> >Hi Ceki,
>> >
>> >I'm wondering if you'd mind me checking in a change to
>>make sure that the
>> >test sources, specifically
>>o.a.joran.InterpreterTest.java, don't depend on
>> >example sources, specifically joran.implicit.NOPAction.
>> >
>> >Basically, I would remove NOPAction and replace it with
>>a static final
>> >Action implementation called NOP_ACTION.  It looks like
>>this....
>> >
>> >   public static final Action NOP_ACTION =
>> >     new Action() {
>> >       public void begin(ExecutionContext ec, String
>>name, Attributes
>> >attributes) {}
>> >       public void end(ExecutionContext ec, String
>>name) {}
>> >     };
>> >
>> >I think this is cleaner.  I found the issue by adding
>>src/java and
>> >tests/src/java to my Eclipse source path, but I was
>>getting a compile error
>> >since the InterpreterTest depended on sources under
>>examples/src.  I don't
>> >think it should be necessary to put the latter in my
>>source path.  The only
>> >thing that the test sources should depend on is the
>>stuff in src/java, not
>> >anything else.
>> >
>> >If you have no objections to this, I'll commit it.
>> Probably late tomorrow
>> >if I don't hear back from you tonight before I got to
>>bed.
>> >

>> >Jake

>> >For additional commands, e-mail:
>>log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org

>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org
>
>--
>Ceki Gülcü
>
>  The complete log4j manual:  http://qos.ch/eclm
>  Professional log4j support: http://qos.ch/log4jSupport

>For additional commands, e-mail:
>log4j-dev-help@logging.apache.org

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or
privileged material.  If You are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution is
Prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The views
expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of The PCMS Group
plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction
contained.

Re: test sources improperly depend on example sources

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Sorry about that.