Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jake Robb <jr...@43paralleltech.com> on 2003/03/21 22:38:26 UTC

Tomcat's Admin servlet

Tomcat's admin servlet is in my way.  I have my own servlet called admin,
which I would like accessible using http://hostname/admin/.

So I went to $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps and renamed the "admin" directory
to "tomcatadmin", stopped and started Tomcat, and then tried to navigate to
/tomcatadmin/.  I got a 404 error from Tomcat, with the message "The
requested resource (/tomcatadmin/) is not available."

I examined server.xml, $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml, and
tomcatadmin/WEB-INF/web.xml, and I can find nothing that I think might be
the source of the problem.

What do I need to do to make the default admin servlet show up when I go to
http://hostname/tomcatadmin/?

Thanks,

Jake Robb

Re: Tomcat's Admin servlet

Posted by Jake Robb <ja...@mac.com>.
Sorry... I figured it out.  I needed to change the reference in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/admin.xml.

-Jake