Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/07/02 16:53:27 UTC

R1.3 update and call for help

Some more JIRA have been closed out but there are still some that need
attention and remain unassigned. See the list at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&fixfor=12313221&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

The ones I see at the moment are...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2409 - There is a discussion
thread on this (
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg00433.html) so I would
like to bring that to a conclusion ASAP.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2417 - personally I don't
think we need to reinstate auto port selection. If we can agree this is an
easy fix
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2419 - sample/helloworld-bpel
needs some love
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2441 - demo/xml-bigbank also
needs attention
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2442 - we need to sort out
remaining references to incubator/ing

Other things that need to be done.

Test the web apps on different containers. I need volunteers for Tomcat5,
Geronimo, WebSphere
Do the legal checking
We need to either release the parent pom or fix the sca pom. I'm waiting for
a reply from Ant as he made the suggestion re. fixing up the sca pom.

As before the release status summary is at

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/R1.3+Checklist

I'd like to get an RC for voting on before the end of this week. All help is
gratefully received either fixing the things we know about already or
looking at RC0 which is here

http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.3-RC0/

Thanks

Simon

Re: R1.3 update and call for help

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 9:45 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Some more JIRA have been closed out but there are still some that need
>>> attention and remain unassigned. See the list at
>>>

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&fixfor=12313221&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
>>>
>>> The ones I see at the moment are...
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2409 - There is a
>>> discussion thread on this (
>>> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg00433.html) so I
>>> would like to bring that to a conclusion ASAP.
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2417 - personally I don't
>>> think we need to reinstate auto port selection. If we can agree this is an
>>> easy fix
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2419 -
>>> sample/helloworld-bpel needs some love
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2441 - demo/xml-bigbank
>>> also needs attention
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2442 - we need to sort out
>>> remaining references to incubator/ing
>>>
>>> Other things that need to be done.
>>>
>>> Test the web apps on different containers. I need volunteers for Tomcat5,
>>> Geronimo, WebSphere
>>> Do the legal checking
>>> We need to either release the parent pom or fix the sca pom. I'm waiting
>>> for a reply from Ant as he made the suggestion re. fixing up the sca pom.
>>>
>>> As before the release status summary is at
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/R1.3+Checklist
>>>
>>> I'd like to get an RC for voting on before the end of this week. All help
>>> is gratefully received either fixing the things we know about already or
>>> looking at RC0 which is here
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.3-RC0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.3-RC0/>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>

>> A lot of those things are done or closer to done now so i'm going to spend
>> a bit of time on the license and notice file reviews, so can i request
>> everyone start being a bit careful with any 1.3 branch checkins which make
>> pom.xml changes so the dependencies don't change without warning.
>>
>>    ...ant
>>

> I'm about done on this legal tidy up for now and the 1.3 branch is looking
> in quite good shape to me with most of the samples i try running ok. How
> about an RC1 so others can more easily start reviewing? The main JIRA left
> is TUSCANY-2409, is anyone actively working on that?
>
>    ...ant

I think you're right TUSCANY-2409 is this only one I know about but It
doesn't look like anyone is looking at it. I'd also like to get this
promoted service fix in and hopefully that will be done today.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 9:45 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Some more JIRA have been closed out but there are still some that need
>> attention and remain unassigned. See the list at
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310210&fixfor=12313221&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
>>
>> The ones I see at the moment are...
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2409 - There is a
>> discussion thread on this (
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@tuscany.apache.org/msg00433.html) so I
>> would like to bring that to a conclusion ASAP.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2417 - personally I don't
>> think we need to reinstate auto port selection. If we can agree this is an
>> easy fix
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2419 -
>> sample/helloworld-bpel needs some love
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2441 - demo/xml-bigbank
>> also needs attention
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2442 - we need to sort out
>> remaining references to incubator/ing
>>
>> Other things that need to be done.
>>
>> Test the web apps on different containers. I need volunteers for Tomcat5,
>> Geronimo, WebSphere
>> Do the legal checking
>> We need to either release the parent pom or fix the sca pom. I'm waiting
>> for a reply from Ant as he made the suggestion re. fixing up the sca pom.
>>
>> As before the release status summary is at
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANYWIKI/R1.3+Checklist
>>
>> I'd like to get an RC for voting on before the end of this week. All help
>> is gratefully received either fixing the things we know about already or
>> looking at RC0 which is here
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~slaws/tuscany/1.3-RC0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eslaws/tuscany/1.3-RC0/>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Simon
>>

> A lot of those things are done or closer to done now so i'm going to spend
> a bit of time on the license and notice file reviews, so can i request
> everyone start being a bit careful with any 1.3 branch checkins which make
> pom.xml changes so the dependencies don't change without warning.
>
>    ...ant

Thanks Ant, I'm delayed looking at a recursive composition issue that has
come to light.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I'm ok either way, so +1 to drop the parent pom.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: R1.3 update and call for help

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>

<snip>

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> ant elder wrote:
>>

>>> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org <mailto:
>>> nash@apache.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Simon Laws wrote:
>>>

>>>        On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Simon Laws
>>>        <simonslaws@googlemail.com <ma...@googlemail.com>
>>>        <mailto:simonslaws@googlemail.com
>>>        <ma...@googlemail.com>>> wrote:
>>>

>>>           On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:20 PM, ant elder
>>>        <ant.elder@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>>>           <mailto:ant.elder@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>               I said I'd do an RC2 today but there are still some open
>>>        JIRAs,
>>>               the main ones being TUSCANY-2480, TUSCANY-2484, and
>>>               TUSCANY-2486. Whats the status and ETA for fixes for
>>>        these? Can
>>>               i help with any of those, i've done work on the ?wsdl
>>>        endpoints
>>>               in the past so could help with TUSCANY-2480 if its needed?
>>>
>>>                  ...ant
>>>
>>>        (cut)
>>>           Hi Ant
>>>
>>>           I have a fix for TUSCANY-2484 which I'm testing at the moment
>>>        but it
>>>           has implications for TUSCANY-2324 so we will have to revisit
>>> that
>>>           before we respin. I've just moved TUSACANY-2324 into 1.3 as I
>>>        note
>>>           some changes for that were checked into the branch for this
>>>        problem
>>>           but that it wasn't associated with 1.3 in JIRA. I think we
>>>        need to
>>>           delay until tomorrow.
>>>
>>>           Simon
>>>

>>>        Hi ant
>>>
>>>        I'm done with these fixes now. We need to get the go ahead from
>>>        others who have been making fixes in 1.3, e.g. Simon Nash, but
>>>        from my pov we can go ahead with the respin. Are you happy to
>>>        press the buttons for the respin I still haven't caught up after
>>>        being out and could do with some time to do that.
>>>
>>>        Simon
>>>
>>>     >
>>>    All the work I have been doing on the issues that are named in this
>>>    thread is now completed in the 1.3 branch.  I'm now working on getting
>>>    the same code into trunk.  So from my perspective it's fine to go
>>> ahead
>>>    with another 1.3 RC respin.
>>>
>>>     Simon
>>>

>>> Wonderful. I shall go make an RC2, probably wont get it done today now
>>> but should have it out for voting by tomorrow.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>
>>  >
>> I just committed a one-line change to a sample.  See TUSCANY-2417
>> for details of the reason for this.  If you have already picked up
>> the code for RC2, it's not necessary to do a respin just for this.
>>
>>  Simon
>>
>>  I checked in fixes for TUSCANY-2479 and TUSCANY-2481 into both the
> 1.3 branch and trunk.  It would be good if you could include these
> fixes in the next 1.3 RC if it's not too late.  Thanks.

Ok i'll redo it now to pick these up.

   ...ant

Re: R1.3 update and call for help

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.