Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Steven Wong <sw...@netflix.com> on 2011/07/02 01:38:58 UTC

RE: how to disable mapred.reduce.tasks

Try -1, judging from this:

<property>
  <name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
  <value>-1</value>
    <description>The default number of reduce tasks per job.  Typically set
  to a prime close to the number of available hosts.  Ignored when
  mapred.job.tracker is "local". Hadoop set this to 1 by default, whereas hive uses -1 as its default value.
  By setting this property to -1, Hive will automatically figure out what should be the number of reducers.
  </description>
</property>