Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 16:06:29 UTC

What's the purpose of the ThreadPool constructor argument in CorbaBean?

The CorbaBean constructor takes a ThreadPool argument....but the
argument is totally unused?  Is this obsolete, or intended for some
future purpose?

Rick

Re: What's the purpose of the ThreadPool constructor argument in CorbaBean?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Rick McGuire wrote:
> David Jencks wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 19, 2006, at 7:06 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>>
>>> The CorbaBean constructor takes a ThreadPool argument....but the
>>> argument is totally unused?  Is this obsolete, or intended for some
>>> future purpose?
>>
>> I thought it was used to get threads for the orb.run() calls you
>> removed a couple of days ago.
> That was CSSBean.  On the other hand, I looked again, and it IS
> actually being used, for exactly the same purpose as the one in
> CSSBean.  I somehow missed the call (it's been that sort of a day
> :-)).  The call to ORB.run() in CorbaBean is also unnecessary.

For the curious, when I initially took on interop for the Geronimo
server I tried to hook Geronimo up to various Open Source Corba
servers.  I tried valiantly but eventually punted and grafted Sun's ORB
onto Geronimo.  All the odd little things that you are seeing are
artifacts of that old effort.

Regards,
Alan

Re: What's the purpose of the ThreadPool constructor argument in CorbaBean?

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 7/19/06, Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The CorbaBean constructor takes a ThreadPool argument....but the
> argument is totally unused?  Is this obsolete, or intended for some
> future purpose?

I don't know the answer, but answer it another way - if it's not used
and the tests pass when it's removed, I'd say remove it. No need for a
code that's not used just for some future purpose.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl