Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/09 19:50:51 UTC

Cordova BlackBerry project structure

Currently, BlackBerry exists as a single repository containing 3 different
implementations of Cordova: BB7, PlayBook and BB10.

This has been great from a user perspective: the cordova create tool
allowed you to specify which target you wanted to build/run to once a
project has been created.

However, BlackBerry has split the new BB10 implementation off from the
previous project structure: it now lives in a separate tree, and runs with
it's own implementation of the tools.

With the decision to send BB7 off to the farm getting positive feedback, I
want to reopen the discussion of BlackBerry's project structure.

Proposition:
split the BB platform implementations, with 3 repositories:
apache/Cordova-BlackBerry7
apache/Cordova-BlackBerryPlaybook
apache/Cordova-BlackBerry10

we let the CLI provide the uniform interface between platforms, and treat
these as separate implentations. It also gets ahead of the work to drop BB7
and avoids o "re-integrate" task for BB10 which sounds like a waste of time.

- Lorin

RE: Cordova BlackBerry project structure

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@blackberry.com>.
Yup

--

Ken Wallis

Product Manager – WebWorks

BlackBerry

289-261-4369

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
works for me

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
like it

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
+1

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>.

Posted by Ken Wallis <kw...@blackberry.com>.
+1

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
yes, exactly that

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
that confused me too,

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
sorry, it's reflexive :)

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.

Posted by "Wargo, John" <jo...@sap.com>.
Why not the following?

apache/Cordova-BlackBerry/7
apache/Cordova-BlackBerry/Playbook
apache/Cordova-BlackBerry/10

John M. Wargo
Mobile Developer Strategy and Evangelism
SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
Email: john.wargo@sap.com

Posted by Giorgio Natili <g....@gnstudio.com>.
Yes, it totally make sense.

Re: Cordova BlackBerry project structure

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Sounds good to me