Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe LAPLANCHE <ph...@horus-si.com> on 2006/04/06 15:04:31 UTC

${cocoon.continuation.id} gives bad continuation id

I already asked this on users@cocoon.apache.org. I had no answer. Since
my problem looks like a cocoon bug and since I'm completely stuck here,
I'm asking you the same question.

I use cocoon 2.1.8 on windows XP with tomcat 5.5 and sun jdk 1.5.

In my flowscript function. I display a form then I send a result page. I
use an infinite loop to handle pagination. In that loop, I call
sendPageAndWait.
In my jexl file used to display the results I want to use
${cocoon.continuation.id} but I think I get the id of the continuation
that was generated for the form instead of the one generated when
calling sendPageAndWait.

Here's what I put in my jexl file :

When I click on "next page" I'm brought back to the form with a
validation error. So I understand that I got the wrong continuation id

Here's the code of my flowscript function :

function findNumber() {
	var yellowPagesForm = new Form("forms/yellowPagesForm.xml");
	var model = yellowPagesForm.getModel();
	yellowPagesForm.showForm("yellowPagesForm.cforms");
	var local = cocoon.createPageLocal();
      local.skipResults = 0;
      local.ypResult = findLinesInYellowPages(model.query);
  	while(true) {
		cocoon.sendPageAndWait("yellowPagesResult.jx",{"local" :
local});
		local.skipResults =
parseInt(cocoon.request.getParameter("skipResults"));
	}
}

Philippe

PS. Is there a nice document that explains exactly how continuations
work and how they should be used?
In the docs on cocoon.apache.org, it's said that sendPage() doesn't
generate a continuation, whereas it actually does.... And here I'm lost
again with continuations.
And I'm also afraid that continuations might consume a LOT of memory. Is
there a way to tell that each user shouldn't have more than 5
continuations or something like that?

PSS. When will 2.1.9 be available ?