Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Orr <ti...@travelnow.com> on 2002/11/21 22:49:58 UTC

proper page use

I am actually a little new to struts functionality, but I do have several of my own works up and running on their own.

My dilema is that I have started requirements for my next project, which is to implement struts on our system, and thus far I have seen only a "page down" approach, meaning, that I can submit data from one page to another via forms/links only... (be it in a  form action /mappedAction or link href="/mappedAction").

On our pages currently, we allow users to hit most any of our pages directly with the proper parameters (useBean,setProperty for a particular bean or two, then make a call like runSomething()).

What kind of options do I have for implementing struts with form actions (me like lots, yah), and still be able to allow the requests to come through to page.jsp process data via /mappedAction and continue on?

Any thoughts?

thank you,

timo