Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by vb...@apache.org on 2019/10/19 22:04:19 UTC

[VOTE} Apache Hudi (incubating) 0.5.0 RC6

Dear IPMC,

Apache Hudi (incubating) (pronounced Hoodie) stands for Hadoop Upserts anD Incrementals. Apache Hudi (incubating) manages storage of large analytical datasets on DFS (Cloud stores, HDFS or any Hadoop FileSystem compatible storage) and provide ability to query them.

The previous source release candidate 0.5.0-incubating-rc5 had licensing concerns (Please see https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/02d40e3dbababc069c5210928aa4dd335c41ab1837d5a894954f5c9f@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E) .

We have addressed them in the new source release candidate (RC#6). The Apache Hudi (incubating) community has voted on this new release candidate and approved. The new source release candidate version is 0.5.0-incubating-rc6

Results: 4 binding +1 votes

Here is the voting thread:  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/617cad3116308821f845d3be5d71e135fdcbb82b4533c53941a0fda8@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E
Here is the voting result email:  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1587f3d766f6b3536d32630f89ba53b86cb09178d744fce05ae93a03@%3Cdev.hudi.apache.org%3E

The Apache Hudi community had verified the following aspects of release:
- verified checksums and signatures [SUCCESS]
- license header check [SUCCESS]
- No binaries in source release [SUCCESS]
- verified RAT check [SUCCESS]
- built from source release (mvn clean install -DskipTests) [SUCCESS]
- mvn test from source release [SUCCESS]

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the first release of Apache Hudi (incubating). Please review and vote on the release candidate #5 for the version 0.5.0, as follows:
[ ] +1,  Approve the release
[ ]  0,  I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1,  Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:

  - JIRA release notes [1]
  - The official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with fingerprint AF9BAF79D311A3D3288E583F24A499037262AAA4  [3],
  - all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4]
  - source code tag "release-0.5.0-incubating-rc6" [5]

  [1]  https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12322822&version=12346087
  [2]  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hudi/hudi-0.5.0-incubating-rc6/
  [3]  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/hudi/KEYS
  [4]  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehudi-1006/
  [5]  https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/tree/release-0.5.0-incubating-rc6

A release validation script is available in master for running usual checks. To run this

  - git clone git@github.com:apache/incubator-hudi.git
  - cd incubator-hudi/scripts
  - ./release/validate_staged_release.sh --release=0.5.0 --rc_num=6

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a majority of at least three +1 IPMC votes are cast

Thanks,
Balaji.V
(on behalf of Apache Hudi PPMC)

Re: [VOTE} Apache Hudi (incubating) 0.5.0 RC6

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <vb...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone. The voting is now closed. Here is the Result email thread that was just sent to general@incubator.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/19bbef3a0a5d660b3bd5791346c6b30855443b7b0069e26a81b57ae4@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <vb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

(forward from dev@)

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <vb...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dave, The Release notes file is something we had added earlier before we started the incubation. We had looked at other incubating projects (incubator-gobblin, incubator-heron, ...)  and it did not look like a standard mandated.  Hence, we went ahead and removed as we have the current release notes from JIRA. But, we will check with our mentors too to see if this is necessary.

Thanks,
Balaji.V

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <vb...@apache.org>.