Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Doumani <fu...@comcast.net> on 2003/11/06 21:10:21 UTC

[users@httpd] wampp 2.1 vitrual host issues prevent server from starting

Hello,.

I recently upgraded my server from apache 2.0.47 running on Windows 2000
professional to the wampp2 configuration running on Windows XP professional.
The components include:

  + Apache 2.0.45
  + MySQL 4.0.12
  + PHP 4.3.2-RC1 + PEAR
  + Perl 5.8.0
  + mod_php 4.3.1
  + mod_perl 1.99
  + mod_ssl 2.0.44
  + openssl 0.9.7a

I can get MySQL and Apache to start when  the "NameVirtualHost *" command is
commented out and I haven't added the Virtual Host containers but when
uncommment the command and add in the virtual containers (listed below),
apache pukes this error:

virtualHost _default_:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a
NameVirtualHost address is not supported. Proceeding with undefined results

A little more about my configuration: Domain registrar is pointing to my
external IP and the router config is
forwarding to the internal IP of the machine for ports 80 and 443.

In httpd.conf  I've got the server listening at these ports:

Listen 192.168.1.102:80
Listen 443

I copied the virtual host containers directly from my old httpd.conf file
that I used on the previous install of apache. They worked fine before.

ANY IDEAS???  -John

Here are the containers:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain1"
    ServerName domain1.net
    ServerAlias www.domain1.net
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain1">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain1.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain1.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain2"
    ServerName domain2.org
    ServerAlias www.domain2.org
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain2">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain2.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain2.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain3"
    ServerName domain3.com
    ServerAlias www.domain3.com
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain3">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain3.com-error_log
   CustomLog logs/domain3.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain4"
    ServerName domain4.com
    ServerAlias www.domain4.com
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain4">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain4.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain4.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

Re: [users@httpd] wampp 2.1 vitrual host issues prevent server from starting

Posted by John Doumani <fu...@comcast.net>.
Thank you very much Joshua!!  That did it!

John

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

[users@httpd] 3 newbie questions....

Posted by John Doumani <fu...@comcast.net>.
Hello,

I have tried finding the answers for these three questions on apache.org but
have not been able to solve the problems:

1) I've configured the httpd.conf file to parse .shtml files starting from
the root dir of the virtual host by adding the following:

    <Directory "/wampp2/htdocs/hokkeko">
      Options +Includes
      AddType text/html .shtml
      AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
    </Directory>

but only files in the root directory are being parsed... files in child dirs
are not parsed and the pages hang in the browser. Could it be because there
are other occurences of the "AddType text/html .shtml" and the
"AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml" commands in other locations in the conf
file? Please see ** below.
___________________

2) when including javascript file such the following, they are not being
parsed....

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2"
SRC="/toolkit/javascript/sitelib.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2"
SRC="/toolkit/javascript/menuparams.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2"
SRC="/toolkit/javascript/menuarrays.js"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2"
SRC="/toolkit/javascript/menuengine.js"></SCRIPT>

I added "AddHandler Javascript .js" to the following Directory container:

<DIRECTORY "/wampp2/htdocs/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes ExecCGI
        AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
        AddHandler Javascript .js
        AllowOverride none
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</DIRECTORY>
_________________

3) Is it possible for two sites defined in two different virtualhost
containers to share a common directory that is outside of the root dir
structure for those virtual hosts??? for example,

one site has C:/wampp2/apache/htdocs/domain1/
and the other:  C:/wampp2/apache/htdocs/domain2/

Is it possible to have each site access files in the following directory?

C:/wampp2/apache/htdocs/common/

Thank you in advance for your assitance!!

best,

John D.

**  Occurences of the commands to parse .shtml files **
-----------------(1)----------------
<Directory "/wampp2/htdocs">

#

# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",

# or any combination of:

#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI Multiviews

#

# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"

# doesn't give it to you.

#

# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see

# http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options

# for more information.

#

                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes ExecCGI

        AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

# ReadmeName footer.html

#

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.

# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:

#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit

#

        AllowOverride none
        Order allow,deny

</Directory>

----------------(2)-----------------

<Directory "/wampp2/htdocs/grizzly">

      Options +Includes

      AddType text/html .shtml

      AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

</Directory>

 -------------------------------(3)----------------------------------

#

# "/wampp2/apache/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased

# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.

#

<Directory "/wampp2/cgi-bin">

    AllowOverride None

    Options Includes ExecCGI

        AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

</Directory>

# In the addhandler section

# Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the client.

#

# To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):

# (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)

#