Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/04 02:36:26 UTC

@Decorate / @Advise

I'm documenting @Decorate and @Advise for my workshop materials.

I'm a little perplexed by the fact that these include a serviceInterface,
but matching is done on exact equality (not Class.isAssignableFrom()).  That
makes these much less useful ... for example, you can't @Advise all your
DAOs by @Advise(serviceInterface=GenericDAO.class) ... you are better off
using the old-style code  and @Match("*DAO").

Is this intentional ... and if not, is it something that can be fixed in
5.3?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: @Decorate / @Advise

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I don't recall whether it was intentional or not but we can fix it in 5.3.
Maybe we could add a new attribute "exact" to both annotations to allow both
use cases and/or to ensure backward compatibility with 5.2.

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de