Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Objelean <al...@isdc.ro> on 2007/08/12 13:37:59 UTC

Reasons for migrating to wicket-1.3

I have to convince my chief that it worth to migrate the application to
wicket-1.3. Can you help me to create a list of arguments?

Thank you!
Alex.

Re: Reasons for migrating to wicket-1.3

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> I have to convince my chief that it worth to migrate the application to
> wicket-1.3. Can you help me to create a list of arguments?

* way more efficient in using RAM
* better back button support
* stateless pages (& components and behaviors) and defferred session creation
* setting feedback messages and the response page in the constructor works
* some projects are specifically written for 1.3 (like
wicket-datetime, guice integration, etc)
* improved URL handling and as it works with a filter now, you can
your app to /*
* models, validators and converters are much improved
* Wicket In Action is about 1.3
* many improvements in Ajax support and header contributions
* many, many more various improvements

We took care to help as much as possible in the API (making methods
final, documenting @deprecation etc), and so far I think the
experience of most with migrating has been that it wasn't too hard to
do.

Eelco