Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by greg strockbine <gs...@pacbell.net> on 2000/02/05 08:15:41 UTC

installing win32 Apache 1.3.11 as Service

I can't seem to install the win32 version of Apache 1.3.11
as a service.

all the documentation I found on your site seems out dated
as regards win32.  It explains how to install it as a service
on win-NT.

In the start-up menu I now have:
"Install Apache as a service"  but after I do this and try to
start Apache it always ends up in a console window, and
not the tray.

There is also a "Start Apache" item in the start-up menu,
and it invokes Apache as:

F:\win95Tools\apache\Apache.exe -d "f:\win95tools\apache" -s

If I invoke Apache from the command line to show its options,
there is no lowercase "s" option, only an uppercase option.

I checked the news group "comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
and found nothing there.

At this point I'm lost.

thanks for any help,