Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com> on 2013/10/21 14:13:07 UTC

Contenthub / CMS Adapter (was Re: Commit window for 0.x release in trunk closes this Friday)

Hi Rupert, all,

I would envisage this for 1.0.0. But I'm not sure about ContentHub/CMS
Adapter. One hand there hasn't been any activity during the last 6 month on
the other hand in the Fusepool project because of the limitation of having
the RDF metadata detached from the Solr index we have replaced it with ECS
(Backend) and Firstswim (GUI). The Fuseppol project would be excited to
contribute these back into Stanbol. For a demo see:
http://beta.fusepool.com/firstswim

Cheers,
Reto

1. https://github.com/fusepool/fusepool-ecs
2. https://github.com/fusepool/fusepool-firstswim

Re: Contenthub / CMS Adapter (was Re: Commit window for 0.x release in trunk closes this Friday)

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Rafa

Manifold sounds interesting. I do not see JCR in the list of supported
connectors however.

But yes, ECS has currently no connector for external content-repositories.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Rupert, all,

Yes that's still missing. The question is if these components are still
maintained. Or if they would be obsoleted adopting fusepool ECS.

A quick feature overview of ECS:
- ECS offers a true REST API, only entry URI and understanding the ontology
are needed to access the service
- Allows uploading content and faceted search based on dc:subject (where
the rdf:type id the type of facet) and rdf:type only
- The facet values are RDF resources, as such they have all their properties
- Based on clerezza and lucene no unsecured (and non-RDF) Solr endpoint is
exposed

It doesn't currently itself expose any GUI. A GUI for searching only is
provided by the firstswim project. This uses rdfstore.js which is currently
LGPL but wich will be release MIT (according to its author).

As for the archetypes which aren't there yet either I plan to port them
archetypes (but that's trivial compared with porting contenthub).

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Contenthub / CMS Adapter (was Re: Commit window for 0.x release in trunk closes this Friday)

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto, all

what is the plan for the contenthub/ and cmsadapter/ in the trunk. I
have noticed that they are missing in the new trunk.

best
Rupert

Posted by Antonio David Perez Morales <ap...@zaizi.com>.
Hi All