Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marc Hoppins <ma...@eset.com> on 2022/12/14 09:59:05 UTC

SSSD and Cassandra

Hi all,

If SSSD stops responding to requests/listening, is this going to cause the Cassandra service to shut down?  I didn't see anything to indicate such behaviour in the config, only for disk issues.

I had two hosts where SSSD was not accepting logins and, after restarting that service and login, I noticed that the Cassandra service was also stopped.

Thanks

Re: SSSD and Cassandra

Posted by Elliott Sims <el...@backblaze.com>.
If multiple things are dying under load, you'll want to check "dmesg" and
see if the oom-killer is getting triggered.  Something like "atop" can be
good for figuring out what was using all of the memory when it was
triggered if the kernel logs don't have enough info.

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:41 AM Marc Hoppins <ma...@eset.com> wrote:

> Update: It may be that the load on these hosts is causing problems for
> SSSD not the other way around.  In any case, it seems that both services
> are off at the same time.

This email, including its contents and any attachment(s), may contain
confidential and/or proprietary information and is solely for the review
and use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender and permanently delete this email, its
content, and any attachment(s).  Any disclosure, copying, or taking of any
action in reliance on an email received in error is strictly prohibited.

RE: SSSD and Cassandra

Posted by Marc Hoppins <ma...@eset.com>.