Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Lyor Goldstein <lg...@apache.org> on 2019/02/21 17:46:44 UTC

Re: How to handle with the "No space left on device" warning message

The behavior seems as expected - the SCP code sends this warning/error via
its STDERR stream and then aborts the channel.

The problem seems obvious and not related to SSHD - the target
device/partition where the files are copied into has run out of space.
There is nothing that SSH/SCP or anyone can do since this is not something
that is signaled or handled in any way as part of the standard protocol.

I believe the behavior you are seeing shows the quality of the SSH code -
it has failed, but it leaves enough "traces" in the log in order to provide
some useful information as to the problem and thus help you fix it/

>>  I'm trying to upload files using mina sshd SCP connection.
After uploading some of the files scp starts failing with the below
exception, but If I see the logs from mina sshd it showing me a WARNING as
"WARN  (ScpHelper.java:820) -
readAck(ScpHelper[ClientSessionImpl[david@/192.168.33.23:22]])[EOF=false] -
Received warning: scp: /tmp/testcase4//36.bdf: No space left on device"

But the exception I'm getting is different
 org.apache.sshd.common.channel.exception.SshChannelClosedException:
write(ChannelOutputStream[ChannelExec[id=196,
recipient=1]-ClientSessionImpl[david@/192.168.33.23:22]]
SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA) len=8192 - channel already closed
        at
org.apache.sshd.common.channel.ChannelOutputStream.write(ChannelOutputStream.java:110)
        at
org.apache.sshd.common.util.io.IoUtils.copy(IoUtils.java:128)Channel
initialized: 198