Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Gonçalo E.D. Luiz" <ge...@rnl.ist.utl.pt> on 2004/03/31 18:17:15 UTC

Persisting a class that implements Map

Hi.

I waant to persist the following class:

class A
{
int a;
MyClass b;
}

MyClass is a class that implements Map. It is not a collection and
therefore I cannot use a collection descriptor.
Each entry on the b field has a key and a value of the Class b. Class b is

class B
{
int b;
}

I want to store the object A in a table and the object B in another
table. There will be a third table that holds the foreign keys to A and
B tables and also holds the key for the MyClass map.

How can I achieve this ? Do I need to write a custom writer for class A?
If so how can I do it ? What do I need to read ?

Thanks
Gonçalo.