Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by galevsky <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/06 22:47:27 UTC

Re: [Windows service] how to set service name

Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale <at> unisys.com> writes:

> > From: news [mailto:news <at> ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of galevsky
> > Subject: [Windows service] how to set service name
> >
> > I would like to know if it is possible to set the service
> > name in parameter to NSIS installer.
>
> Use the service.bat script; the optional second argument is the desired
> service name.
>
>  - Chuck

Thanks Chuck, the issue was I decided to run silent install from the NSIS
installer... which aims at straight-to-use windows installation with Tomcat5
service setup. (There is no .bat in \bin with this NSIS installation). In fact,
for a customized win service setup, I should unzip the core archive then install
manually my service running -as you said- service.bat.

Thanks you.

Gal'