Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Denys <dh...@serena.com> on 2011/08/25 11:15:15 UTC

RewriteRule question

Hello dear community -

I need to create some kind of proxy using Apache Server.

I tried to use something like
ProxyPass /test1/test2/ http://<another_server>/test/test.dll but had no
success because ProxyPass require "/" suffix after the second URL (something
like http://<another_server>/test/test.dll). In my case adding "/" is not
working because now test.dll part is meant as a directory instead of a file
test.dll inside test directory (my IIS server thinks so).

After that I tried to use RewriteRule. For example:
RewriteRule /test1/test2/ http://<another_server>/test/test.dll. This time
redirection is working perfectly - I see the desired page, but the URL is
completely changed to the new one and I want end users to see the first part
of the URL unchanged (the part with the server name and port). E.g. if user
enters like http://server1/test1/test2/ I would like him to see something
like http://server1/test1/test2/... after redirection.

Are there any ability to achieve this?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: RewriteRule question

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On 25 Aug 2011, at 11:04, Denys wrote:

> Do you mean, Nick, that I have submitted the question to the wrong branch?

branch?  What's a branch?  This is a mailing list for module developers!

Sorry, my reply was OTT.  I just get a bit cross at some of the stuff that gets
misdirected from nabble.com.

--
Nick Kew

Re: RewriteRule question