Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/08/09 04:59:01 UTC

Towards 0.1.0-incubating release

Hi guys,

The 0.1.0-incubating release is planned for August, 19.

However, we have three pending actions to be able to start the release:

1. the packages (and all other references) should be renamed from
org.carbondata to org.apache.carbondata.
2. the binary distribution (in the assembly module) should be disable
for now and improved for 0.2.0-incubating release as it just provides a
lib folder with bunch of jar files, and so we should have a specific
NOTICE file for that.
3. I would like to double check the NOTICE file to be sure I didn't miss
any bundled dependencies.

Unfortunately, I have travels scheduled starting tomorrow, so I will
have limited time to work on package renaming by the end of this week.
If someone (Ravi maybe ?) can ping me and help me on the packages
renaming PR, it would be great.

I plan to start the release on August 18.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Towards 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by chenliang613 <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sure, Ravi and me will together with you to finish some PRs for preparing
0.1.0 relaeaes.

Regards
Liang
(CarbonData dev mailing list web forum :

Re: Towards 0.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Regarding point 2 , currently assembly module creates only single jar file
of size 18 MB(it includes carbondata and its dependencies excluding Spark
and Hadoop dependencies).  So for binary distribution how we should provide?

Thanks,
Ravi.

--
Thanks & Regards,