Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Eric Riebling <er...@cs.cmu.edu> on 2008/11/13 21:33:56 UTC

undeployAsyncService?

I have a strange use case which requires taking down as well
as starting up remote services.  Is there a mechanism which
allows removal, or de-registration of a service with a
particular broker?  My only idea on how to achieve this is
to kill the service process brute force, and let the broker "figure
out" that the service has gone away, I'm assuming by way of
a timeout, or a getMeta failure.

Any ideas?  Is there a way to tell a broker directly to stop
using a particular service, once it's been deployed?

Thanks,

-er
--
Eric Riebling  NSH 4623,  LTI,   SCS,  CMU
412.268.9872   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~er1k

Re: undeployAsyncService?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

UIMA AS service queues on ActiveMQ are actually
created either by a service registering as a consumer
or by a client registering as a producer; these queues
are persistent. Service reply queues use the JMS
temporary queue mechanism, and these go away
as soon as the consumer connection is broken.

One approach would be to use the JMX service
for the AMQ broker which reports the number of active
consumers for each queue. Not sure how reliable
this mechanism is for the 4.1.1 broker we are using.

The other way to go would be as you suggest, killing
the service and then using client timeouts to detect
that the service is not there.

Eddie