Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Duffey, Kevin" <KD...@marketron.com> on 2003/07/03 20:42:41 UTC

ant inheritAll doesn't pass
Hiya,

I have a main ant script that sets up something like:

<path id="my.classpath">
	<path refid="compile.classpath"/>
	<pathelement location="somepath/classes"/>
</path>

then, I call a specific ant script from this ant script:

<ant dir="${other.ant.scripts.dir}/ant-script-1" inheritall="true"/>

Inside of the build.xml in the ${other.ant.scripts.dir}/ant-script-1 I have something like:

<target name="compile">
	<javac srcdir="src"
		destdir="classes"
		debug="${debug}"
		deprecation="on"
		optimize="on">
		<classpath refid="${my.classpath}"/>
	</javac>
</target>

When my main build script gets to this point, it calls the ant-script-1/build.xml just fine, but it says it can't find the my.classpath. Does the inheritAll not pass along paths and such? Is there some way I can access this path from the parent ant script?

Thanks.

---

"The information contained in this e-mail message  may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think
that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender at exchangeadmins@marketron.com."