Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by zak <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 16:41:59 UTC

Tapestry5.4 error page 'Failure reading parameter 'validate' of component ....'

We are upgrading from tapestry5.1.0 to tapestry5.4.0

Accessing a page which contains a select list dropdown of stores fails.

I am getting the following error.
Failure reading parameter 'validate' of component utilities/TaxLookup:store:
Unknown validator type '[[missing key: store-validate]]'. Configured
validators are email, max, maxlength, min, minlength, none, regexp, required.

it is complaining on specific line(last line in the following snippet) in
the TaxLookup.tml

<tc:groupbox>
	<t:form t:id="form">

		<t:errors/>
<t:if test="storeModel.options">
t:blankOption="never"/></td>
------------
----

In my TaxLookup.java I have the following lines for 'Store'.

public class TaxLookup {
	@Property
        private Store store;
        ----- more properties.....

void onActivate(final Object[] aContext) throws SQLException, IOException {
                String stnum = aContext[0].toString();
		store = theStoreDAO.find(dao, Integer.parseInt(stnum));
                ------
                ----- more code......

From this method the flow continues to go through tapestry
FieldValidatorDefaultSourceImpl where at line 61 it tries to create the
FiledValidator for 'Store' and fails.

I wonder why its doing this. Is that because @Property is mentioned.
There's no validator attached to 'Store'.
I wonder how to fix it.

I would really appreciate any response.
Thanks!

Re: Tapestry5.4 error page 'Failure reading parameter 'validate' of component ....'

Posted by Cezary Biernacki <ce...@gmail.com>.
Do you have any custom implementation of org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.Messages
interface? If yes, check if its "contains()" works properly.

Best regards,
Cezary