Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arjun Dhar <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/21 05:31:48 UTC

Pre Publish Wicket Pages

Hi,

Is there some way for me to Hack the Wicket parser to pre-publish Wicket
based pages before they are even rendered?

Context:
======
 I have a system where I'm using velocity to generate pages that do not
change over a period of time. Futhermore their content can be cached using
EhCache (More interesting as based on events one may update thee cache also,
so for semi dynamic content also its great). This is really performant and
great for other reasons.

..However since i love wicket and templating using inheritance in Wicket
etc., I want to pre-publish my core wicket pages also (which render
dynamically on screen on request).

I'm perhaps confusing/mixing the purpose of a Templating engine with Wicket.
But who cares :) , ... I think it would be cool to pre-publish certain
Wicket pages also.

How would that be possible?
There would be no Request, no Session. So some hacking of the parser would
be required.

-----
Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!

Re: Pre Publish Wicket Pages

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
this is what most of our unit tests do, so look there. they render a
page and compare the output against a template. what you want to do is
store the output.

-igor