Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by V Satish Kumar <sa...@mkhoj.com> on 2009/11/02 07:11:24 UTC

dfs health Dashboard

Hi,

I have noticed that the dfs health dashboard(Running on port  50070)
takes a long time to refresh the number of live nodes and dead nodes. Is
there a config parameter in hadoop that can be changed to make the
dashboard shows these changes more quickly?

Thanks,
Satish

Re: dfs health Dashboard

Posted by Koji Noguchi <kn...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Satish,

This doesn't solve your current problem, but from 0.20 (after HADOOP-4029),
"4. List of live/dead nodes is moved to separate page. "

Koji

Re: dfs health Dashboard

Posted by V Satish Kumar <sa...@mkhoj.com>.
Hi Allen,

 Once a node goes down, the dfs health dashboard takes 40 to 45 minutes
to refresh the status from live to dead.
 But I see that the 'Last Contact'  field at Live 'dfsnodelist' page
getting updated every 30 seconds.

Re: dfs health Dashboard

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.