Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by indhupriya <in...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/07 13:57:35 UTC

Update Plain schema attribute for a realm

Hi,

I have a requirement to update a Plain schema attribute for a realm to a
constant value.

i.e. I've ~2K users in a /test realm (totally ~10k from other realms too)
and these users have an attribute "location". For all these ~2K users in
"/test" realm we need to update the "location" value say as "test1".

We know it is possible to update attribute for each users separately using
userID or unique ID. But is there any way to update for all the users using
REST API? or by updating the field in Syncope MySQL table?

We are using syncope 2.0.2, MySQL and glassfish server

Thanks in advance,
Indhupriya.S

--
Sent from: http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Update Plain schema attribute for a realm

Posted by indhupriya <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the quick turn around. But, I hope the reply texts are missing.
Could you please send the details again?

Thanks,
Indhupriya.S

Posted by Andrea Patricelli <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Indhupriya,

Il 07/09/2018 15:57, indhupriya ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have a requirement to update a Plain schema attribute for a realm to a
> constant value.
>
> i.e. I've ~2K users in a /test realm (totally ~10k from other realms too)
> and these users have an attribute "location". For all these ~2K users in
> "/test" realm we need to update the "location" value say as "test1".
>
> We know it is possible to update attribute for each users separately using
> userID or unique ID. But is there any way to update for all the users using
> REST API? or by updating the field in Syncope MySQL table?
The best solution is to stop your Syncope instance, update manually
MySQL UPlainAttrValue table and restart.

> We are using syncope 2.0.2, MySQL and glassfish server
BTW I warmly suggest to upgrade to latest Syncope version, currently
2.0.10. Please refer to [1].

> Thanks in advance,
> Indhupriya.S
>
> --