Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lars Ohlén <la...@ohlen.se> on 2004/05/01 22:54:55 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5: the classloader mystery

Hello again,

As I stated in the caption of this discussion. It is a mystery. But lets
face the facts:
If I had my classes to the CLASSPATH variable my application works. Else it
does not.

My WEB-INF/lib directory is empty and the common/lib directory only contains
what came with the installation.
The jre/ext/lib directory is also untouched. Tomcat installation is
out-of-the-box

And as still think it is a bad idea to have duplicates of the appserver
copied into the Tomcat directory structure. And
each EJB deploy to appserver would require an extra synch step (to make
remote interface and associated dao's available)

Perhaps I'm breaking some internal behaviour within Tomcat to alter the
CLASSPATH variable within the setclasspath.sh

/Lars