Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 03:26:12 UTC

which JRE is Tomcat using?

Hello:

I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
distribution.  How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service is running
on?  Is there a tomcat5.exe command I can use?  Or does the setting reside
in a configuration file within Tomcat?

The reason for this question is that I want to change the JRE my Tomcat uses
and I need a way to query Tomcat as to which JRE its using.

Thanks.
Eric
--
John (Eric) Hamacher
Java Developer

Re: which JRE is Tomcat using?

Posted by John Eric Hamacher <ba...@gmail.com>.
That helped! Thanks!

On 10/3/07, Caldarale, Charles R <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: John Eric Hamacher [mailto:badgerduke@gmail.com]
> > Subject: which JRE is Tomcat using?
> >
> > I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
> > distribution.  How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service
> > is running on?
>
> Use the Java tab of the tomcat5w.exe program to see what the service is
> using, assuming the "Use default" checkbox isn't set.  If "Use default"
> is set, the choice of JVM depends on registry settings.
>
> You can see the level of the JRE in use on Tomcat's status page:
> http://<hostname>:<port>/manager/status
>
> - Chuck

John (Eric) Hamacher
Java Developer
Madison, Wisconsin
(608)-334-9260

RE: which JRE is Tomcat using?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: John Eric Hamacher [mailto:badgerduke@gmail.com]
> Subject: which JRE is Tomcat using?
>
> I have two JREs on my system, a Java 5 distribution and a Java 6
> distribution.  How can I decipher which JRE my Tomcat service
> is running on?

Use the Java tab of the tomcat5w.exe program to see what the service is
using, assuming the "Use default" checkbox isn't set.  If "Use default"
is set, the choice of JVM depends on registry settings.

You can see the level of the JRE in use on Tomcat's status page:
http://<hostname>:<port>/manager/status

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.