Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/08/11 10:00:38 UTC

Scalability of UUID 2 Path resolving

Hi

I tried to figure out how Jackrabbit does the UUID 2 Path resolving and
also wanted to ask if someone
here can share his/her experience re scalability re UUID 2 Path resolving.

I was wondering what will happen if one let's say has a million
"documents" with a deep hierarchy and starts to
rename a path just below the root, e.g.  /home/michi/.... to
/home/michael ....

Any pointers or hints are very welcome.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: Scalability of UUID 2 Path resolving

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> i seem to have lost you here but i guess having a look at the source
> code of
> o.a.j.core.CachingHierarchyManager will answer your questions.

thanks for the pointer

>> Are there any known problems associated with this method? What if one
>> wants to link from different paths
>> to the same UUID (and the resolving wouldn't be unique)?
>

> that's not an issue since JSR170 defines a 1:1 relationship of path
> and Item
> (Node & Property).

ok

Thanks