Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 01:28:08 UTC

Announcing the Topicus Dashboard

The Topicus Dashboard is an information radiator showing build status,
production server status, twitter timeline, train departure times,
important events and much more.

The Atlassian folks are running a competition for the Ultimate
Wallboard and we (Topicus)  just submitted our entry for the
competition: the Topicus Dashboard.

If you like our dashboard, you are welcome to vote for it and help us
win the 55" flatscreen display in the Atlassian (known for JIRA and
Confluence) Ultimate Wallboard Competition:

    http://ultimatewallboard.com/entries/91860

The entry sports a movie (the guy in the picture is Emond, a co-worker
at Topicus)

As we like to share our innovations we hosted our dashboard on github,
and you are free to run the software and modify it for your own use
(or your customers). The software is currently licensed using the GPL
3.

The project can be found here: https://github.com/dashorst/dashboard

Most of the credits for this project go to Emond Papegaaij (and if you
find a bug, call him, not me :)

On behalf of the dashboard developers,

Martijn Dashorst

PS. Really: please vote and let us win the big screen TV!

Re: Announcing the Topicus Dashboard

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
For people who want to try the dashboard, it depends on a patched version of
WiQuery, which fixes several problems found in the official 1.1 release. You
can find this version of WiQuery at https://github.com/papegaaij/wiquery .

It requires a very recent, webkit-based browser to run. We recommend Safari
(best with webkit-nightly) or a Chromium daily build. Plain Safari works quite
well, but with some minor issues. Google Chrome is able to display the page,
but most of the effects do not work well.

Emond Papegaaij

Posted by Joe Lambe <jl...@atlassian.com>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Joe Lambe <jl...@atlassian.com> wrote:
> @Martijn  - I work at Atlassian and was one of the organizers of the
> campaign.  Thanks for your *awesome* entry and I appreciate your critiques
> below. :)

Thanks for having the competition! It was fun to be part of it and we
used it as a nice deadline for our wallboard. It was really the icing
on the cake for us developing the wallboard.

> P.S. It doesn't look like you filled out the
> https://atlassian.wufoo.com/forms/the-ultimate-wallboard-tshirt/ Ultimate
> Wallboard t-shirt form  - I'd be willing to let you enter late if you want a
> shirt - but you'll have to hustle and get it in today!

Thanks for reminding me! I just filled in the form with some
suggestions as well :)

Martijn

ps. you really don't want to hear me sing!

Re: Announcing the Topicus Dashboard

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
You should do it American Idol style.  Don't let anyone vote until all
contestants have had a chance to sing.  Martijn, start practicing your
singing for next year! :)

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Rather strange: they closed the public voting round at the same time
as the submission deadline. This strikes me as weird since late
registrants (such as ourselves) are unable to garner any community
support. Sounds like someone didn't think this through...

Martijn

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
The competition has run its course and unfortunately the Topicus
Dashboard is not the winner, however we did get an honorable mention
from the judges:

> This wallboard also boasts a very clean and simple design with
> sexy animations.  Products stats, builds and issue details are
> complimented by local railway schedules, twitter, weather, and
> google calendars -- including birthdays and beer time!
>
> "Features like tracking transport delays, the excellent two speed
> ticker at the bottom, and the polish of the CSS animations all
> stand out in this demo." - Dick Wall

You can read more about the competition and our dashboard here:

http://martijndashorst.com/blog/2010/12/13/atlassian-ultimate-wallboard-competition-comes-to-an-end/

Thanks to everybody that managed to get a vote in during the 8 hours
of voting that were left.

Martijn