Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Fred Yeomans <fy...@whitehilltech.com> on 2002/01/24 13:46:42 UTC

Visibility of assembly.xml in deployed app

Folks,

Some time back when I first started looking at Phoenix, the assembly.xml
file was visible after a SAR was deployed. After the deployment file
structure was changed, however, this ceased to be the case. I am curious as
to the reasons behind this?

The reason I ask is that my application consists of a number of blocks which
communicate either directly, via RMI, or via JMS message queues. This allows
the blocks to reside in the same or different JVMs, or on different
machines. The JMS interface is implemented by blocks which serve as proxies,
making it so that a client block does not need to know whether it is talking
directly to the server block, or to the JMS queue. I was able to change the
deployment structure without "redeploying" by editing the assembly.xml file.

Thx

Fred Yeomans
Whitehill Technologies - Business Information Transformed and Delivered
http://www.whitehilltech.com
+1.506.855.0005