Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by HotWeb <ps...@wanadoo.fr> on 2011/05/17 09:27:40 UTC

search exact descriptor

Hi everybody,

I using Lucene 3.0.3 in a java application.
I search a way to have a function to match only one word in my query.
I have a field which contains descriptor of the document.
Sometimes, users must search only for a word. I have a example to give you
with the old search engine.

	mc = ( homme whitout "homme" )

Results

		(mc) homme                :  90308 hits
		(mc) "homme"              :  90003 hits
		whitout                      :    305
	Total : 305

What is the way to have a similair function ?
I tried to untokenize this field but the results is the same and the query
match like "homme*" not "homme"
Maybe if y can check the position of this term ? but want to be sure that
it's the only word with no term followed.

Sorry for my bad english :(

Thank you very much for your futur reply

Guillaume