Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com> on 2002/02/03 20:55:24 UTC

Doing a release

Hey Stefano,

What is the process for doing a release? As far as i know we don't have a
location to place the builds yet.

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/

Re: Doing a release

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Kimbro Staken wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 06:12 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> > [sorry for not being able to respond yesterday, you know, I preferred to
> > go out for dinner with my girlfriend, I think you understand :)]
> >
> > Ok, I'll take a look at the docs included in xml-xindice and propose/act
> > a short-term solution (for a longer term solution, subscribe to the
> > forrest-dev@xml.apache.org mailing list).
> >
> > Just give me a few days since I kinda busy at the moment with other
> > stuff.
> >

> Any progress on this?

No, I've been doing consultancy in Switzerland and I got busy with other
stuff :/ Sorry.

> I'm really less concerned with the web site it self
> and more with just getting the downloadable files onto an apache server.
> We can keep the web site where it is until when ever.

Ok, I've created the directories on www.apache.org, you find them at

 /www/xml.apache.org/xindice/

and I created a symlink between

 http://xml.apache.org/dist/xindice/ ->
/www/xml.apache.org/xindice/dist/

Kimbro, I think you have sufficient karma to install things on this
directory (just log into www.apache.org using SSH with your account on
cvs.apache.org)

For the distribution, just place things on

 /www/xml.apache.org/xindice/dist/

and you are done.

For the web site, we can plan that later on, but you should have
sufficient karma to update stuff on the 'xindice' directory by yourself.

If you need any help, please ask me directly.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Doing a release

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 06:12 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [sorry for not being able to respond yesterday, you know, I preferred to
> go out for dinner with my girlfriend, I think you understand :)]
>
> Ok, I'll take a look at the docs included in xml-xindice and propose/act
> a short-term solution (for a longer term solution, subscribe to the
> forrest-dev@xml.apache.org mailing list).
>
> Just give me a few days since I kinda busy at the moment with other
> stuff.

Any progress on this? I'm really less concerned with the web site it self

Re: Doing a release

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Doing a release

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.