Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Haigh, Andrew J" <An...@ca.com> on 2005/12/02 00:00:23 UTC

The getting started example - Maven 2

Hi,
I'm using Windows XP. I downloaded Maven 2, unzipped and started on the
getting started - How do I make my first Maven project?

I am getting so many problems with the archetype plugin. I downloaded
1.0-alpha-3.jar, but it now complains about a Plexus container.

Is there an example configuration that grabs the requisite files from a
repository, so that I have something to show from running the -
'mvn archetype:create ...' command.

Thanks

Andrew John Haigh
CA
Senior Software Engineer
tel:+1 631 342-3109
fax: +1 631 342-6863
andrew.haigh@ca.com

Re: The getting started example - Maven 2

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Maven download all the required plugin automatically. You don't need
to download anything else. Maybe you have forget to define your
proxies settings??

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: The getting started example - Maven 2

Posted by Nik Gonzalez <ng...@exist.com>.
Hello,

What error did you get? Please post the stacktrace here.

Nik