Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2018/03/09 04:48:12 UTC

2.11.0 status

I have created the release notes for 2.11.0. Please review them.

I have built the 2.11.0 web site locally and am noticing the following problems:

The javadoc page does not list jdbc-dbc2, jpa, or liquibase.
The link on the javadco page for MongoDB results in a 404. I suspect because there should be a link for mongodb2 and mongodb3.
The link on the left nav to MongoDB results in a 404. There are no links to MongoDB2 or 3.
The left nav does not contain a link to JPA.

I have uploaded the site to http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/index.html <http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/index.html>. Please review it for other problems.

Ralph

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
This link is still a 404 after approximately 404 years:
https://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/dependencies.html

Not sure how we can disable it since there are no dependencies in
log4j-parent.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
These tests have been removed.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I should also add that this test is not failing on the MacBook Pro that I use to perform releases. It is failing on a MacBook Pro that is about 4 years newer. But both are running the latest version of High Sierra and should be configured similarly. The only major difference is that I use Java 8 on the laptop where it fails and Java 7 on the laptop where it works.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I do not know why but now on one of my MacBooks the 2.x build is failing with

[INFO] Running org.apache.logging.log4j.core.tools.picocli.CommandLineTest
[ERROR] Tests run: 199, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 4, Time elapsed: 0.802 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.logging.log4j.core.tools.picocli.CommandLineTest
[ERROR] testInetAddressConvertersInvalidError(org.apache.logging.log4j.core.tools.picocli.CommandLineTest)  Time elapsed: 0.077 s  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Invalid format %$::a?*!a was accepted for -InetAddress
	at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.tools.picocli.CommandLineTest.parseInvalidValue(CommandLineTest.java:496)
	at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.tools.picocli.CommandLineTest.testInetAddressConvertersInvalidError(CommandLineTest.java:480)

[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR]   CommandLineTest.testInetAddressConvertersInvalidError:480->parseInvalidValue:496 Invalid format %$::a?*!a was accepted for -InetAddress
[INFO]

Re: 2.11.0 status

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.