Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Will <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/07 18:03:00 UTC

Apache POI Build Pipeline

I'm trying to understand the release pipeline of POI for a project I'm working on at university. What I've deduced so far is:

- Jenkins for CI
- JUnit for testing
- Sonar for static code analysis
- Subversion for version control
- Ant for building
- Forrest to build documentation
- Gradle for dependency management and ?

but I can't find what is used to deploy to the website. Is it done manually?

Is there anything I'm missing or is incorrect otherwise?

Any help would be very appreciated!

Re: Apache POI Build Pipeline

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
svnpubsub is used for publishing the files.
See https://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html

So we can call "ant site" and copy/commit the contents of the subdir
"build/site" to the designated svn location.

Regarding the dependencies:
the dependencies are fetched inside the ant build.
The Gradle build is merely a wrapper around the ant build, which replaces
part of its functionality. It used for better IDE integration. Maybe it will
replace the ant build completely one day...

Andi

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Apache POI Build Pipeline