Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexandre Bouchard <ro...@mac.com> on 2001/06/10 22:59:46 UTC

JDBC drivers for SQL server

I am looking for good&cheap (free if possible) JDBC drivers for SQL server.
Randy, you told me inetsoftware.de make good drivers. Maybe we will opt for
this cie but their prices range from USD 200 to 400... Its expensive for
mere drivers (are JDBC drivers so difficult to develop?)

And i was wondering if there isn't any JDBC drivers supplied with SQL
server. If so, we wouldn't have to pay third-party cie, the migration to
servlet would be cheaper, and my boss, happier.

If not, what other (cheaper or free if possible) alternatives do i have?

Thx
alex

Re: JDBC drivers for SQL server

Posted by yuzz <yu...@emasonline.com>.
www.easysoft.com

--
yuzz
System Engineer

Re: JDBC drivers for SQL server

Posted by Chris McNeilly <cm...@smartbrief.com>.
We're using freetds (http://www.freetds.org) which is an open source
JDBC driver for SQL Server.  We've been running with it for a month and
only had one problem (jdbc realm wasn't working) that got cleared up by
some supportive folks on their mailing list.

Chris