Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Matthew Phillips <ma...@blastradius.com> on 2007/09/11 22:43:15 UTC

Problem with client fault handling

Hi All,

I'm having a problem receiving the correct fault types in a CXF client. I
have a client and a service using CXF and the service has a couple of faults
defined. The problem is that depending on how I create my client the faults
are not received correctly.

When I create a client without specify a wsdl url, the the client receives
the correct fault:

JaxWsProxyFactoryBean proxyFac = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
proxyFac.setServiceClass(Sample.class);
proxyFac.setAddress(ADDRESS);

But if I specify the wsdl, the client simply receives a generic soap fault.

JaxWsProxyFactoryBean proxyFac = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
proxyFac.setServiceClass(Sample.class);
proxyFac.setWsdlURL(getWsdlUrl().toString());
proxyFac.setAddress(ADDRESS);

In both cases the messages passed between the client and service are the
same (with one minor difference in the message sent to the service) it seems
to me that the wsdl based client simply interprets the fault message
incorrectly.

I was wondering if this is a problem with my wsdl or possibly a bug in the
implementation. I have tested this against the proposed 2.0.2 with the same
results.

Example project with a wsdl and test cases attached.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12623394/sample-faults.zip sample-faults.zip

Thanks,
Matt