Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2002/02/04 17:38:07 UTC

Re: Ant skipping javac task!

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Stephen Huey <st...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> We had Ant working on this before...it would compile
> some files, jar them, sign the jar, and ftp them to a
> site.  I don't know what we changed,

The system time of the machine you are using?  Could it be that for
some reason the compiled classes are newer than the source files?

Your best bet is to read
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/problems.html>.  If you run ant with
the -verbose switch, it will tell you which java sources it has found
and why it thinks it should compile the source or not.

If it doesn't find any sources, something with your filesets or
patterns is wrong, start looking there.  If it finds the sources, you
should be given enough information to figure out the rest.

Stefan

PS: This type of question should be sent to ant-user, not ant-dev.