Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Doyle, Ronald D" <RD...@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com> on 2003/08/20 18:06:08 UTC

Some PCs show the PDF output and some don't?

I am using the FOP software straight out of the box.  I have also compiled
the servlet that came as the example.  I have an XSL document that produces
a .fo file.  The goal is to have the pdf output displayed by Adobe imbedded
in the IE browser.

The version of IE and Adobe are the same on all systems.  Operating systems
are different but the problem doesn't follow the operating system. I have XP
and Win 2K PCs with the same problem and 'identical' PCs that work
correctly.

The problem:  The PDF document will not be displayed and Adobe is not
loaded.  There is no source to view.  The browser has a blank white screen.
All systems are able to display a real pdf file if we go to a site that has
a pdf file available without going through the FOP software.

Has anybody else seen this and does anybody have any ideas where to look for
the problem?  I suspect it's a setting in IE but I don't see any differences
in browsers that display the pdf properly and those that don't.

Regards

Ron

Ron Doyle
NCR Corp. IT Services - Enterprise Data Warehouse
EDW Infrastructure Team
Email: Ronald.Doyle@daytonoh.ncr.com
Phone: (937) 445-3179

Re: Some PCs show the PDF output and some don't?

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Doyle, Ronald D wrote:
> The problem:  The PDF document will not be displayed and Adobe is not
> loaded.  There is no source to view.  The browser has a blank white screen.
> All systems are able to display a real pdf file if we go to a site that has
> a pdf file available without going through the FOP software.
>
> Has anybody else seen this and does anybody have any ideas where to look for
> the problem?  I suspect it's a setting in IE but I don't see any differences
> in browsers that display the pdf properly and those that don't.

This problem sounds similar to this FAQ:

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#part-iex

and also here:

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/servlets.html#ie

If you've tried the suggestions on these pages, and report back and
include information about the versions of Acrobat and Internet Explorer.
Also, have you tried this with Netscape/Mozilla and does it display the
same problem?

Thanks!

Web Maestro Clay