Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by M Eashwar <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/15 13:25:36 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.28 documentation

Hi,

    I am searching for Tomcat 5.0.28 documentation in old mail archives and
searching in web. But still I am not finding that. The reason to find this
old documentation is, our application developed long back and its working
in Tomcat 5.0.28 only.

    Kindly help on this.

Regards,
Eashwar.

Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 documentation

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2013/4/16 M Eashwar <to...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Would like to refer only documentation for 5.0.28. Any other possibility?

1. Scroll down for archive.apache.org link

> Regards,
> Eashwar
>

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/15/2013 5:03 AM, Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
>>
>>> M Eashwar,

>>> Tomcat 5.x is unsupported, that is why you will have a hard time finding
>>> any documentation for that version. That is for a reason -- Tomcat 5.x
>>> is considered outdated and unsafe.
>>>
>>> Instead of digging old documentation, why don't you consider upgrade to
>>> latest Tomcat 7 version (7.0.39 at the moment)? It shouldn't be too hard
>>> to do it, especially with support from users on this mailing list.
>>>
>>> -Ognjen
>>>

>> Agreed, far far better to upgrade. However if you must have a copy of
>> Tomcat 5.0.28 (for historical purposes?), you could pull down the original
>> from:
>>
>> http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/
>>
>> As Ognjen has pointed out, the likelihood of mailing list support for that
>> version is pretty slim.

2. Download a binary distribution (jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28.zip)

3. Unzip it.

4. Documentation webapp is in webapps/tomcat-docs/

You wouldn't find it online, as Tomcat 5.0 was superseded by 5.5 many years ago.

Maybe archive.org has a copy, but it is currently offline for maintenance.

Top-posting is bad.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Tomcat 5.0.28 documentation