Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by S�rgio Carvalho <sc...@criticalsoftware.com> on 2001/03/14 15:47:34 UTC

Re: cocoon in j2ee server? (offtopic)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:57:07 -0600
"Jon Brisbin" <br...@ipa.net> wrote:

> if you use the embeddedtomcat option, tomcat runs in the same VM, which i
> really would like, but after replacing parser.jar in JBOSS_HOME/lib with
> xerces 1.2, i get a resource not found error on the logicsheets listed in
> cocoon.properties...even though they're in the classpath environment
> variable, in the JBOSS_HOME/lib/ext directory (cocoon.jar) and in the
> TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory!  i also can't figure out how to make tomcat and
> jboss run in separate VM's...there's no documentation on how to do this
> because the assume you'll want to do the opposite for performance
> reasons...not sure what i'm missing here :-)

Didn't try running them on the same VM as they will be running on different computers on my scenario. It was a breeze getting them to run separately. Just set your JAVA_HOME and PATH variables, and then start jBoss. Test it with the InterestClient sample EJB client.

Tomcat installation is just the usual. Servlets use EJBs just like regular EJB clients (check the InterestClient source). There's no special configuration to use Tomcat with jBoss...

I must say I'm pretty satisfied with jBoss. It looks very solid, the overall architecure is very easy to understand - with neatly written code, easily browseable. I didn't do any stress testing though. I'm not too worried - if jBoss doesn't handle it, I'll just charge Websphere to my customer ;-)