Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/07/08 01:34:03 UTC

[mp2] wrong diagnostics since A-T's t_cmp args swap was done

Since A-T t_cmp has swapped its args order to submit to other Test::Foo
modules conventions, we now have a broken/misleading diagnostics in the
verbose testing output, as we get the header 'received:' printed for
expected, and 'expected:' for received. While the tests work, it's very
confusing, so it'd be great to fix that. As there are many tests and
this job requires no prior knowledge of modperl, it'd be nice to get
some help on doing the swapping of the arguments.

If you do so, please do this by groups (whole dir of tests, client and
server side).

Notice that I've already swapped the tests that had qr// arguments,
which was a must, so please don't swap them back again :)

Thank you.

Re: [mp2] wrong diagnostics since A-T's t_cmp args swap was done

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Since A-T t_cmp has swapped its args order to submit to other Test::Foo
>>modules conventions, we now have a broken/misleading diagnostics in the
>>verbose testing output, as we get the header 'received:' printed for
>>expected, and 'expected:' for received. While the tests work, it's very
>>confusing, so it'd be great to fix that. As there are many tests and
>>this job requires no prior knowledge of modperl, it'd be nice to get
>>some help on doing the swapping of the arguments.
>>
>>If you do so, please do this by groups (whole dir of tests, client and
>>server side).
>>
>>Notice that I've already swapped the tests that had qr// arguments,
>>which was a must, so please don't swap them back again :)
>>
>>Thank you.
>

> I'm sort of in the mood for doing something like this - I'll
> start on it. To save some bandwidth, would it be OK if I
> just committed the tests with the arguments swapped, without
> posting here first? I'll verify beforehand that the tests
> still work ...

Yes, yes, no need to post the changes. Thanks a lot, Randy!

Re: [mp2] wrong diagnostics since A-T's t_cmp args swap was done

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>Since A-T t_cmp has swapped its args order to submit to other Test::Foo
>>modules conventions, we now have a broken/misleading diagnostics in the
>>verbose testing output, as we get the header 'received:' printed for
>>expected, and 'expected:' for received. While the tests work, it's very
>>confusing, so it'd be great to fix that. As there are many tests and
>>this job requires no prior knowledge of modperl, it'd be nice to get
>>some help on doing the swapping of the arguments.
>>
>>If you do so, please do this by groups (whole dir of tests, client and
>>server side).
>>
>>Notice that I've already swapped the tests that had qr// arguments,
>>which was a must, so please don't swap them back again :)

well, it wasn't a must until we deprecated support for the reversed
arguments.  at least it shouldn't have been if I coded things right :)

>>Thank you.
>

> I'm sort of in the mood for doing something like this - I'll
> start on it. To save some bandwidth, would it be OK if I
> just committed the tests with the arguments swapped, without
> posting here first? I'll verify beforehand that the tests
> still work ...

that sounds fine.  since I was the one who suggested t_cmp() be switched to
match Test::More::is() I was planning on doing this at some point.  but if
you're in the mood be my guest :)

--Geoff

Re: [mp2] wrong diagnostics since A-T's t_cmp args swap was done

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

--
best regards,
randy