Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2016/01/14 19:45:11 UTC

Request for advice on code donation

Hi all,

(with my podling member hat on)

We have a bit of a problem over in Slider with a code donation. Full
details can be found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-977

In short, an app-package (a modular chunk of code that Slider runs on
Apache Hadoop's YARN ) for Kafka was offered to be included in Slider.
Slider would love to accept it. We've gotten IP clearance from all but
one party who contributed to it.

To the best of my knowledge, this individual contributed code to this
Kafka app-package and his company could also lay claim to his
contribution. He already had an ICLA on file, but no CCLA from his company.

Two months later, multiple pings on JIRA and even a personal email, this
person seems to be AWOL. Given my understanding of the rules, we can't
proceed because we don't have the ability to prove all potential
previous ownership of this codebase has been granted to the ASF.

Any advice on how we could try to move this forward?

Thanks.

- Josh

Re: Request for advice on code donation

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Ugh, sorry to bring this back again. Apparently my mind was playing
tricks on me.

We don't have an ICLA from jbnote either. I incorrectly thought I saw
him listed at http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
CCLA is optional for ASF

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Let me dig around in the history and see what I can find.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks for weighing in as well, Shane!

I learned something new :)

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Alex, thanks a bunch -- this was super helpful.

re-thank you to everyone else who chimed in as well!

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.